Gooey almond and vanilla blondies topped with cherry jam and flaked almonds!
I used to be OBSESSED with bakewell tarts and I’ve been getting some serious cravings recently! So I thought why not create my own treat to satisfy my cravings.
Blondies are like brownies but instead of chocolate, they’re vanilla flavoured. I’ve put a bakewell twist on the classic blondie, by adding an almond and cherry flavour and they are deliciously morish (if I do say so myself!).
The rich flavour of the brown sugar compliment the sweet tangy cherry jam perfectly, and the crunchy flaked almonds add a bit of bite to the soft and gooey blondie.
This is a fools proof recipe for perfect bakewell blondies every time! It’s a super simple recipe which will only take you around 30 minutes to make, including baking time.
This makes quite a large batch so it’s an ideal treat for a entertaining, or gifting! They keep for a few days in an air-tight container, OR you can always pop these in freezer so you have a delicious go-to treat whenever those sweet tooth cravings hit!!
Give it a go and let me know how you get on!! 🙂
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
Total time: 30-35 minutes
- 2 cups vegan butter, melted
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp almond essence
- 2 flax egg*
- 2 cup all purpose / plain flour
- 6 tbsp cherry jam, smooth
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- Make your flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp milled flax seeds with 3 tbsp hot water. Leave to set for 10 minutes, it will become thicker and sticky.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC, and line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk your butter and sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add your vanilla and almond essence, and flax egg and whisk until combined.
- Stir in your flour until combined, the mixture will be thick. Do not over beat the mixture as this will produce a more cakey texture.
- Spread your mixture evenly in your baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat your jam up with a splash of water, approximately 3 tbsp. Pour it evenly over your blondies, and pop them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the jam has become thicker and stickier.
- Evenly sprinkle your flaked almonds over the jam and cool for at least 1 hour.
- Slice and ENJOY!!! 🙂