Cherry bakewell blondies – gooey almond and vanilla blondies topped with cherry jam and flaked almonds!
I used to be OBSESSED with cherry bakewell tarts and I’ve been getting some serious cravings recently!
So, I thought why not create my own treat to satisfy my cravings.
Blondies are like brownies but instead of chocolate, they’re vanilla flavoured.
They have the same gooey, moist texture and sweet flavour.
I’ve put a cherry bakewell twist on the classic blondie, by adding an almond and cherry flavour.
They are deliciously moorish (if I do say so myself!).
The rich flavour of the brown sugar compliments the sweet tangy cherry jam perfectly. Furthermore, the crunchy flaked almonds add a bit of bite to the soft and gooey cherry bakewell blondie.
This is a fools-proof recipe for perfect cherry bakewell blondies every time!
It’s a super simple recipe which will only take you around 30 minutes to make, including baking time.
This makes quite a large batch so it’s an ideal treat for a entertaining, or gifting!
Or if you’re just greedy like me…
My cherry bakewell blondies keep for a few days in an air-tight container.
Alternatively, you can always pop these in freezer so you have a delicious go-to treat whenever those sweet tooth cravings hit!! They just need a couple hours to defrost at room temperature.
In order to achieve the right rich flavour, I do recommend using brown sugar in this recipe.
However, don’t worry if you only have white sugar available, as they are still delicious!
Give it a go and let me know how you get on!! 🙂
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
Total time: 30-35 minutes
- 2 cups vegan butter, melted
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp almond essence
- 2 flax eggs – 2 tbsp milled flax seeds + 6 tbsp water
- 2 cup all purpose / plain flour
- 6 tbsp cherry jam, smooth
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- Make your flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp milled flax seeds with 3 tbsp hot water. Leave to set for 10 minutes, it will become thicker and sticky.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC, and line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk your butter and sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add your vanilla and almond essence, and flax egg and whisk until combined.
- Stir in your flour until combined, the mixture will be thick. Do not over beat the mixture as this will produce a more ‘cakey’ textured blondie.
- Spread your mixture evenly in your baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat your jam up with a splash of water, approximately 3 tbsp. Pour it evenly over your blondies, and pop them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the jam has become thicker and stickier.
- Evenly sprinkle your flaked almonds over the jam and cool for at least 1 hour.
- Slice and ENJOY!!! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful day!
If you liked this recipe, why not check out my recipe for Raspberry Tart [TRAYBAKE] 🙂