A classic – veganised! Mock-chicken pieces and veggies stir fried with noodles!
My dad came down to London for the day last weekend to do his routine ‘Wing-Yip’ shop – it’s an amazing huge Asian grocery store which stocks heaps of vegan foods!!!
He always gets these amazing chicken pieces (by TKC) made from soya protein so I stocked up on them too – you will be seeing them in loads of my recipes now! They’re my favourite chicken substitute as they have a meaty texture and have a really strong flavour too – WAY better than the real thing!! You can of course use any chicken substitute that you want 🙂
He also bought a big bag of choy sum and gave me half to use in one of my recipes 🙂 I was going to use them to make a stir fry but he told me about a noodle dish that he made with his, and I thought I’d do the same!!
I had a bunch of courgettes and broccoli in my fridge too so I thought I would chuck some of them in too! You can use which ever veggies you have available – sweetcorn, baby sweetcorn, peppers, mange toute, green beans… the list goes on!
Give it a go and let me know how you get on!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 200g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 8 pieces vegan chicken
- Big handful choy sum (approx 8-10 stems)
- 1/2 broccoli
- 1/2 courgette
- 4 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 big red chilli
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Put the spaghetti on to boil for around 5 minutes only, and then turn the heat off. Let the spaghetti soak whilst you cut your veggies.
- Fry your garlic cloves and chicken style pieces in vegetable oil until brown. Add your broccoli and courgette and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add your choy sum and spaghetti and toss together on a high heat for 2 minutes. Add your veggie oyster sauce, sugar, tomato ketchup and a splash of soy sauce.
- Toss it all together and add more salt or soy sauce to your taste.
- If you like a big of spice you can mix together some red chillies and soy sauce to have on the side 🙂