Tasty stir-fried veggies with rice noodles and fried ‘chicken’!
I was feeling lazy one evening after work, and couldn’t be bothered to pop to the supermarket. So I threw this one together with the ingredients I could find in my cupboard, fridge and freezer! It’s a quick and east recipe you could whip up in just 20 minutes.
I just happened to have broccoli and peppers in my fridge, but you could add any veggies you have available – mushrooms, courgettes, baby-corn, green beans, mange tout etc. etc. That’s the great thing about this recipe, once you have the veggie stir fry sauce and soy sauce in your kitchen, you can whip a nice easy meal together quickly.
I used Lee Kum Kee Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce. It’s the same one my dad has always used, and his food is delicious! It’s tasty, easy to use and you can get it in most supermarkets.
I used my favourite mock-chicken burgers – Fry’s Family Chicken Style Burgers. I usually cook these in the oven as it’s healthier, but ours is broken at the moment so I had to fry them. And actually they tasted so much better – who doesn’t love fried chicken?! The ground-nut oil gave them an extra nutty flavour too.
We’re obsessed with srirache sauce at the moment so we drizzled that all over our bowls for an extra kick of spice 🙂
Give it a go and let me know how you get on in the comments box below!!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 200g dried rice noodles
- 5 tbsp ground-nut or vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 broccoli, chopped
- 1 big red pepper, chopped
- 1 big red chilli pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp vegetable stir fry sauce
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp srirache sauce
- 2 vegan chicken burgers
- Big handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Put the rice noodles on to boil on a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft. Once cooked, drain the water and put them to one side.
- Fry the garlic and ginger in 2 tbsp of oil whist you chop the pepper, chilli and broccoli. Add the chopped vegetables, cashews and garlic powder, and fry on a medium heat until the veggies soften and start to char a little.
- In a separate pan, fry the chicken burgers in shallow oil for approximately 10 minutes, turning them half way.
- Add the cooked and drained rice noodles to the vegetable pan and add the vegetable stir fry sauce, soy sauce and srirache sauce. Toss it all together on a high heat for 5 minutes. Add salt to taste and stir in a handful of chopped coriander.
- Once the chicken has cooked, cut it into slices and serve with the noodles.
- Add your favourite chilli sauce and ENJOY!