Loaded breakfast beans packed with onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and a whole lot of flavour!
I love breakfast , I could eat breakfast for lunch and dinner!
Although I love avocado toast and scrambled tofu (which is my usual go-to), I like to mix it up a bit to keep things exciting.
Loaded breakfast beans are my new favourite breakfast as there are so many ways you can enjoy them!
You can enjoy them on toast, rice, a baked potato or even on top of nachos if you’re feeling naughty, or just with a spoon as they are!
Additionally, you can use a variety of different beans, different, veggies and spices so you won’t get bored.
These breakfast beans super easy to make taking only 15 minutes to make, and you don’t need any fancy ingredients either.
As I had mushrooms, onions and tomatoes in my kitchen, I used those in my recipe. However, I’ve also made my breakfast beans with peppers, spinach, courgettes and sweetcorn.
Of course, you can use your favourite veggies or whatever you have available in your kitchen.
I used pinto beans in my recipe, but again, you can use any beans you have available or can find in your local supermarket 🙂
Give it a go and let me know how you get on!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 can beans in water (I used pinto)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pinch oregano (optional)
- Fry your onions, mushrooms and tomatoes in olive oil over a medium heat until they soften.
- Drain your tin of beans and add to the pan with the rest of your ingredients. Fry on a low-medium heat for 10 minutes until the beans have softened and are piping hot throughout.
- Add more salt and pepper to your taste.
- Sprinkle some oregano on top.
- Serve with toast, potatoes, rice, on nachos – however you’d like.
- ENJOY!!! 🙂