Easy peasy peanut butter flapjacks!
My peanut butter flapjacks are the perfect afternoon snack, to enjoy along with a cuppa.
You could even have one (or two…) for breakfast on the go!
Or a late night snack.
… Anytime really!!
These vegan peanut butter flapjacks are super easy and quick to make, using only 4 basic ingredients and taking just 5 minutes to prepare!
No fancy ingredients required here. Actually, you probably already have most (if not all) of them in your kitchen, so you can make them whenever.
You just need oats, peanut butter, syrup and plant milk! Chocolate is optional, but recommended!!
Not only these peanut butter flapjacks simple and cheap to make, they’re also a healthy substitute for your usual flapjack.
This is because there’s absolutely no butter in this recipe!
Furthermore, they’re low in sugar, so if you’re trying to cut down, this is an ideal recipe.
Of course, you have the option of adding agave syrup if you like yours sweet (I do!).
Give it a go and let me know how you get on 🙂
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups oats
- 4 heaped tbsp peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 3/4 cup plant-milk
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 100g dark chocolate (optional)
- Handful of peanuts, for decor (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC.
- Mix all of the ingredients, apart from the chocolate, together in a bowl.
- Line your baking tray with non-stick baking paper and press your flapjack mix into the tray evenly and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow them to cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cool, decorate with your melted chocolate – you can dip them in the chocolate, or drizzle the chocolate on top. Top them off with crushed peanuts for extra crunch.
Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed the recipe 🙂