Courgetti Spaghetti in a fragrant homemade basil pesto!
A super quick and easy recipe which only requires 5 basic ingredients to make, and just 6 minutes of your time!
I made some lovely Homemade Basil Pesto and wanted to use it in a recipe – so I went for the obvious choice, with a twist! I have been getting some serious pasta cravings recently, but I’ve also been eating a whole lot of junk so I felt like I need a healthy, yet delicious dinner. Courgetti Spaghetti!!
A healthy and light alternative to your normal spaghetti! It’s actually the first time I’ve had it and I really enjoyed it. I also didn’t get the guilty feeling after binging on a big bowl of spaghetti, as its just vegetables 🙂
I cheated and used pre-spiralised courgetti spaghetti as I was just on my way home from an after-work yoga class and was naturally feeling a little lazy. Nothing wrong with taking shortcuts when you’re short on time!
I served mine with some pine nuts, vegan parmesan that I found in Whole Foods UK, and some roasted cherry tomatoes.
Click here for my pesto recipe. You only need 7 ingredients, and it only takes 5 minutes to make.
Give it a go and let me know how you get on 🙂
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 7 minutes
- 500g spiralised courgette
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp pesto (click here for my recipe)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- pine nuts, to garnish
- vegan parmesan, to garnish
- Fry the minced garlic in your pesto for a couple minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the spiralised courgette and toss together for a few minutes until the courgetti spaghetti has soaked up the pesto.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve with your garnish – I used pine nuts, vegan parmesan and made some roasted tomatoes for the side (drizzled some olive oil on them and popped them under the grill for 10 minutes).