Crunchy shortcake biscuit slices with a layer of raspberry jam, topped with fresh raspberries and raspberry sauce!
These were inspired by a little vegan cake shop in Margate called ‘Seaside Cake Parlour’. When I go home to visit my dad, we always go there for a cup of tea and a sweet treat. They always have a wide range of different treats, all vegan. On my most recent trip I had a DELICIOUS raspberry lattice tart. It was so tasty I had to make it again for myself!
My raspberry creation is kind of like a giant raspberry jam tart, in a sliced traybake form.
The sweet and tangy jam and fresh raspberries go perfectly with the crunchy shortcake 🙂
For my raspberry jam tart slices I used the shortcake I used in my Jammy Dodger recipe – it’s crunchy yet crumbly at the same time!!
This is a really simple recipe using only 7 ingredients!
In just 40 minutes, you can be enjoying a slice of fresh raspberry jam tart with a cup of tea 🙂
Of course, you can swap the raspberry jam for whatever flavour you like.
If you’re not a fan of raspberries, why not try it using marmalade, or strawberry jam?
Give it a go and let me know how you get on! 🙂
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Serves: 12 slices
Raspberry Jam Tart Slices
- 1 cup dairy-free butter (I used Vitalite Sunflower Spread)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 cup raspberry jam (I used seedless)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam (I used seedless)
- 4 tbsp water
- Pre-heat your oven to 170ºC and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the dairy-free butter, sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add the flour, cup at a time, and mix it in to form a firm dough.
- Pop the dough in the fridge to cool (if you’re in a rush you can skip this bit, it just makes it easier to roll).
- Flour your worktop so the dough doesn’t stick and roll the dough out to about 1 cm thickness.
- Use the top of baking tray to cut around your dough.
- Lay your dough carefully into your baking tray and press your fingers around the bottom edge of the tray to make your crust.
- Spoon your jam evenly over your dough, right up to the edges.
- From your dough scraps, cut strips about 1-2cm thick and place them on top, in stripes, leaving gaps in between for the fresh raspberries.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the biscuit starts to brown.
- Leave to cool, still in the tray, for at least 10 minutes before taking out.
- Place your raspberries in between your shortcake stripes.
- Slice, serve with some raspberry sauce* and ENJOY!!!!
- Heat your raspberry jam and water and reduce on a low-medium heat for around 10-15 minutes until sticky.
- Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed the recipe! Have a fab day 🙂
If you liked this recipe, why not check out my ‘Cherry Bakewell Blondie’ recipe 🙂