Chickpea ‘tuna’ pasta salad with sweetcorn, pepper, spring onion and red onion.
So I went through a phase of having tuna pasta nearly every day when I was at uni – fair to say I was a little obsessed. It’s one thing I really missed when I turned veggie, but then I discovered chickpea ‘tuna’ and it’s a game changer!! Obviously, I can’t lie to you and say the texture and taste isn’t the exact same, but the flavour of the chickpeas, lemon and mayo make a lovely pasta salad to fight the cravings!
It’s a super simple and quick recipe that just takes just 15 minutes to make 🙂
It makes the perfect bowl to bring to a BBQ, for a packed lunch or just whenever you fancy it!
I packed mine with lots of goodness (and pretty colours!!!) – sweetcorn, peppers, red onion and spring but you can put whatever you want in yours.
I used Vegenaise which takes just like egg mayonnaise. You can find it in most supermarkets these days 🙂
You can keep it in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Give it a go and let me know how you get on! 🙂
Prep time: 3 mins
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 400g pasta
- 1 tin chick peas
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 2 stems spring onion
- 1/2 red onion
- Put your pasta on to boil. Check your packet for cooking times as this can vary.
- Mash your chickpeas up in a large bowl with the juice squeezed from half a lemon, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Add your chopped pepper, sweetcorn, spring onion and red onion and mix together.
- Drain and run your pasta until cold water until it becomes cool.
- Mix your cold pasta into your chickpea mix and season with more salt and pepper to taste.