Shawarma chicken-style kebab with ‘cheese’, hummus and salad!
A super simple and quick recipe taking only 7 minutes to whip up.
I’m using shortcuts but I see nothing wrong with that.
This would be the perfect hangover cure, so shortcuts are necessary.
I used to love a kebab at the end of a night out, or just on a Friday night when I felt like pigging out.
Kebabs were one of the guilty pleasures that I really missed when I first went vegetarian. So you can imagine how happy I was when I stumbled across these Vivera Veggie Shawarma Kebabs pieces in Sainsbury’s.
I could not wait to try them, and they did not disappoint.
They are seasoned perfectly, and the texture is just like shredded chicken.
This is one a meal/snack everyone – whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian or a meat eater who wants to try something different!
If, like me, you’re a vegan and liked the taste of meat, but are vegan for the animals – then you would love these!
These veggie shawarma pieces are so similar to the real thing that these would really fool a meat-eater.
Not only are they delicious, they are are FAR healthier than a real kebab as they’re low in saturated fat are high in protein. Furthermore, they’re are a great source of fibre, Vitamin B12 and Iron!
So even if you’re a meat eater, these are a great healthy substitute 🙂
Give it a go and let me know how you get on!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 7 minutes
- 1 tsp oil (vegetable, olive or chilli)
- 1 Packet Vivera Veggie Shawarma Kebab (175g)
- 2 flatbreads
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 2 tbsp barbecue or hot sauce
- 2 slices vegan cheese
- Fry the veggie kebab in 1 tsp oil on a medium heat for around 5 minutes. I used chilli oil to give it a bit more kick, but you can use any vegetable oil.
- Heat the flatbread in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spread the hummus on the flatbread, and then top with salad, vegan cheese, veggie kebab and sauce!
- Wrap it up in foil to hold it together.
If you enjoyed this recipe then check out my full blog – thegreedyvegan.blog/
Thanks for reading 🙂