Thai green curry infused veggie burgers!
These were inspired by the sweet corn cakes from Banana Tree, which are DELICIOUS, so I decided to turn them into a burger with a bit of a twist. Rather than adding the Thai curry flavour as a sauce, I wanted to incorporate it in the patty itself for extra intense flavour!
Not only are the patties delicious, they’re packed with so much goodness as it’s just made from a whole lot of veggies, chickpeas and Thai green curry paste.
Once you’ve blitzed the veggies together, the mixture will seem rather runny, but the flour should firm them up! Once baked, they will be crispy on the outside and still a little soft in the middle.
I layered my burgers up with a little plant-based butter, lots of sriracha mayo, lettuce, vegan cheese (Violife Original Flavour Slices), coriander and extra normal sriracha sauce – but feel free to make yours however you like!! If you have any amazing ideas please let me know for next time!
I made some homemade chunky spiced chips to go with my burgers – coated in salt, pepper, chili flakes and a little chili oil. I cooked these along with the burgers, they take around the same time to cook.
Give it a go and let me know how you get on 🙂
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Serves: 8 patties
- 2 cans sweetcorn (165g each)
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 stems spring onion, sliced
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1 big red chili, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas (400g)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp thai green curry paste
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Put 1 can of sweetcorn, onion, 4 spring onions, pepper, chilli, chickpeas and vegetable oil, salt, pepper, thai green curry paste and garlic powder in the food processor and blend it together until combined.
- Strain out access water and add the other can of sweetcorn, the rest of the spring onion, and flour, and mix together until combined. If the mixture still seems too runny, then add some more flour.
- Grease a baking tray with some vegetable oil (important – the patties will stick if not greased) and shape the burger mix on the baking tray into patties.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning them over half way. If they still seem a little soft, then put them in for another 5 minutes until they’re crisp and hold together.
- Layer up in between two bread buns and whatever you like in your burgers! I put dairy-free butter, sriracha mayo, vegan cheese (Violife), lettuce, coriander and normal sriracha in mine 🙂
- ENJOY 🙂