Crunchy shortbread biscuit sandwiches filled with strawberry jam, and chocolate!
These are one of my favourites biscuits, so I just had to veganise them! They’re super crunchy, super tasty and super moorish!!
As well as recreating the classic, I thought I would mix it up a little and swap classic strawberry jam for chocolate! Who doesn’t love chocolate!?
My recipe makes a big batch of 24 dodgers! But trust me that isn’t too many, they’re so addictive you can’t just have one, or two, or three… And they keep for ages, just store them in an airtight container 🙂
The recipe itself is really simple, using only a total of 7 ingredients, however, it does get a little fiddly with the tiny biscuit cutters. It’s all part of the fun though, and totally worth it!
I actually haven’t got any biscuits butters, so don’t worry if you don’t either – just get creative! I used the lid of a little herb bottle to cut my shortbread rings. And I made the little heart cutter from the metal of a tea-light candle!! I cut the bottom out, and then shaped the outside ring into a heart 🙂 give it a go!
Give it a go and let me know how you get on 🙂
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Building time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Makes: 24 biscuits
- 1 cup dairy-free butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 cups plain flour
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Strawberry jam
- Melted vegan chocolate
- Cream the dairy-free butter, sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add the flour, cup at a time, and mix it in to form a firm dough.
- Pop the dough in the fridge to cool (if you’re in a rush you can skip this bit, it just makes it easier to roll).
- Pre-heat your oven to 160ºC and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Flour your worktop so the dough doesn’t stick. Roll the dough out to about 1/2 cm thickness.
- Cut your circles out using your cutter, and use your smaller heart or circle cutter on half of them. When you’ve cut all the rings out, roll the left over dough up and roll out again. You’ll probably have to do this two or three times to use up all of the dough 🙂
- Dust them with icing sugar.
- Place them on your tray and bake for around 15 minutes until the biscuits have just started to brown on the edges.
- Allow them to cool for 15 minutes.
- Use about a half teaspoon of either melted chocolate jam on your full circles, and place the biscuits with the hole on top.
If you enjoyed this recipe then check out my full blog – thegreedyvegan.blog/
Thanks for reading 🙂