Shawarma chicken-style kebab with ‘cheese’, hummus and salad!
This one’s real guilty (free) pleasure!! A super simple and super quick recipe taking only 7 minutes to whip up. I’m using shortcuts but I see nothing wrong with that. This would be the perfect hangover cure, so shortcuts are necessary.
I used to love a kebab at the end of a night out, or just on a Friday night when I felt like pigging out. I really used to miss them, but not anymore!
I stumbled across these Veggie Shawarma Kebabs in Sainsburys and could not wait to try them! They did not disappoint. They are seasoned perfectly, and the texture is just like shredded chicken.
This is one a meal/snack everyone – whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian or a meat eater who wants to try something different!
If you’re a vegan and liked the taste of meat, but are vegan for the animals – then you would love these! The kebabs are so similar to the real thing that this is one of those vegan meals that would really fool a meat-eater.
The veggie kebabs are FAR healthier than a real kebab as they’re low in saturated fat, are high in protein and are a good source of fibe and Vitamin B12 + Iron. So if you’re a meat eater, these are a great healthy substitute 🙂
Give it a go and let me know how you get on!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 7 minutes
- 1 Packet Vivera Veggie Shawarma Kebab (175g)
- 2 flatbreads
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 2 tbsp barbecue or hot sauce
- 2 slices vegan cheese
- Fry the veggie kebab in 1 tsp oil on a medium heat for around 5 minutes. I used chili oil to give it a bit more kick, but you can use any vegetable oil.
- Heat the flatbread in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spread the hummus on the flatbread, and then top with salad, vegan cheese, veggie kebab and sauce!
- Wrap it up in foil to hold it together.
If you enjoyed this recipe then check out my full blog – thegreedyvegan.blog/
Thanks for reading 🙂