Fragrant chilli packed with soya mince, tomatoes, peppers, chilli peppers, beans and sweetcorn!
A healthy yet delicious meal packed with lots of veggies, and a whole lot of flavour!
My boyfriend and I are going on holiday in 2 weeks and are trying out best to be healthy until we go, so that we won’t feel so guilty about eating everything when we get out there!! It was Friday night so we wanted a treat, but still wanted something healthy – a vegan chilli was the obvious choice! 🙂
It’s such an easy recipe to make and although there are lots of ingredients to create the intense flavour, you will probably already have most of them in your kitchen!
Enjoy it on a bed of spicy rice, or if you’re feeling a little naughty – nachos!!! I always eat mine with a whole lot of guacamole too, it’s the perfect combo!
Recipe to my spicy Mexican rice coming soon 🙂
Give it a go, and let me know how you get on!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 big red chilies, sliced
- 3 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 2 tsp onion granules
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 cup vegan mince
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 stock cube in 1/3 cup water
- pepper, to taste
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Fry the onions and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes until they start to brown. Add the red peppers, green peppers, red chilies, cumin, paprika, garlic granules, oregano, died coriander and vegan mince and fry for 5 minutes until the peppers start to soften. Add a splash of water to stop everything from sticking to the bottom of your pot 🙂
- Add the rest of the ingredients (chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, sweetcorn. red wine vinegar, tomato ketchup, 1/3 cup veggie stock) and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and a bit of chilli powder to add more spice.
- Scoop it over your rice or nachos, with a sprinkle of coriander and ENJOY!