Rigatoni pasta smothered in a creamy avocado sauce with pulled mock chicken.
Yes I know, another pasta recipe(!!!), but who doesn’t love pasta?! AND who doesn’t love avocado?
This is a super quick and simple recipe you can whip up in just 20 minutes! So you can enjoy a lovely dinner even if you’re short on time, or feeling lazy after a day at work.
My new avocado sauce is super creamy and packed with flavour. Somehow when avocado is cooked, it gains a lovely smokey flavour – real delicious.
Even if you’re not vegan, this sauce is a great, healthy substitute for dairy based pasta sauces, and it’s just as creamy! My non-vegan boyfriend much preferred this to cream-based pasta he’s had before, and said it was far less sickly.
Chicken and avocado is a classic combo and as I had some Linda McCartney pulled chicken in my freezer, I thought why not add some in for some extra texture and flavour. I am a really big fan of this stuff as not only does it have a real meaty texture, it also has lots of flavour which real chicken doesn’t have!
Rigatoni is probably my favourite pasta to have as there’s a lot of surface area to soak up all the creamy sauce *love-heart eye emoji* but you can of course use any shape you have available.
Give it a go and let me know how you get on!! 🙂
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 200g pasta
- 2 large avocados
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp onion granules
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded vegan chicken
- Put your pasta on to boil over a low-medium heat – normally 12 minutes but check the packet for timings as these can vary.
- Blend your avocados, plant milk, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, garlic granules and onion granules until smooth.
- Fry your shredded chicken in olive oil for 5 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add your drained pasta and avocado sauce and mix together over a medium heat for 3 minutes until hot.
- Season with extra salt and/or pepper to your taste, and drizzle some extra olive oil over the top if you with.
- Serve on its own or with some olives and garlic bread, and finally – ENJOY!!!