Delicious homemade hummus!
I don’t know about you, but I am OBSESSED with hummus.
I always have a tub of it in my fridge and used to go through a tub of shop bought hummus every other day! I wish I realised how easy it is to make at home a looong time ago. Not only do I save money by making it at home, it’s so much tastier AND you can make it exactly how you like it. It’s a no brainer.
Of course it makes the perfect snack for dipping your favourite crudities in, but it also makes an amazing ingredient in a whole range of meals!! Click here for my ‘Rosemary & Chilli Hummus Linguine’ recipe 🙂 Recipes for hummus pizza coming soon!
It takes just 5 minutes to whip up and you get nearly double the amount you get in the little shop bought pots.
My recipe contains more than your average amount of extra virgin olive oil but I think it tastes so much better!! If you want to make yours a little healthier, you can substitute some olive oil for water.
You can keep it in an air tight container in the fridge for up 3-5 days.
Give it a go and let me know how you get on 🙂
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Whip your tahini and lemon juice together.
- Add the olive oil and whip it in until smooth.
- Add half your chickpeas and blitz until smooth, and then add the remaining chickpeas and blitz again until smooth. If it is too thick add a couple tablespoons of water until you achieve the perfect consistency.
- Add your salt, garlic powder and paprika and blitz until combined. Add more salt or pepper to your taste.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top and ENJOY!!!!