Tofu bacon bits to add to pastas, salads, pizzas, sandwiches… EVERYTHING!!
Salty and sweet bacon bits to fill your bacon cravings! I’m not going to lie, I used to love bacon. I went vegetarian and then vegan, not because I went off the taste of meat, but because of the cruelty attached to it. So I’m all about meat substitutes. These are the perfect substitute for bacon bits, and are so easy and cheap to make!
They’re crunchy little tofu cubes coated in a whole lot of flavour 🙂
They’re absolutely delicious in salads, pastas, pizzas, burgers, toast…. the list goes on…..
I always make a big batch of these whenever my favourite tofu brand is on sale (Tofoo Co. Smoked) and keep them in the freezer for when a recipe calls for them (which is often)!
I always use smoked tofu in my recipe as it adds the smokey flavour that bacon has, but you can use normal firm tofu if you haven’t got the smoked one.
Give it a go and let me know how you get on!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: 1.5 cups
- 280g firm smoked tofu
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Pre-heat your oven to 200ºC and line your baking tray with foil.
- Mix all ingredients, except the tofu, in a bowl until combined.
- Cut your tofu block into cubes approximately 1cm wide and coat them in your wet ingredients.
- Spread them evenly on your baking tray, ensuring that there are no tofu cubes on top of each other.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning them half way.