Crispy tofu, broccoli, chilli and quinoa in a sesame peanut dressing, topped with a dash of spring onion and coriander!! *and breathe*
So I don’t know about you, but I personally find that salads can be a little boring, and I need mine to have some substance to them!! When I’m eating a salad I kind of don’t want it to be like a salad….
That’s why I came up with my new favourite salad! So I can eat healthily without feeling like I’m missing out!
It’s super fresh and light – the perfect summertime salad! And although it’s light and refreshing, it’s also packed with LOTS of protein so it will keep you feeling full for longer.
You can eat this hot, or make a big batch of it to have cold as packed lunches, or to take to a BBQ. It’s delicious either way 🙂
I like my food with a bit of a kick, but if you’re not a fan of spicy food, you can keep the chillies out.
Give it a go and let me know how you get on!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- 5 tbsp sesame oil, for marinade
- 5 tbsp soy sauce, for marinade
- 1 tsp garlic powder, for marinade
- 1 broccoli
- 1 block extra firm tofu (280g)
- 1 heaped tbsp corn flour
- 2 large red chillies
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut sauce (click here for my recipe)
- 1 large handful fresh coriander
- 4 stems spring onion
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Rinse your quinoa and put it on to boil over a low heat for 15 minutes. 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water.
- Mix your sesame oil, soy sauce and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Cut your block of tofu into cubes around 2cm wide, chop your broccoli and add them to your mixing bowl. Toss them all together until the tofu and broccoli is coated in your marinade.
- Separate your tofu cubes, coat them in corn flour, and fry with 1 tbsp vegetable oil over a medium heat until the edges crisp up. Add them to your salad bowl.
- Add your broccoli and 1 tbsp vegetable oil to the pan and fry over a medium heat until they start to brown. Add them to your salad bowl.
- Drain any excess water from the quinoa and add to your salad bowl.
- Add your chopped red chillies, peanuts and peanut sauce and toss all together.
- Serve and top with fresh coriander, spring onion and sesame seeds.
- ENJOY!!!! 🙂