Roasted veggies and creamy hummus on flakey puff pastry, drizzled with sriracha sauce!
My hummus pizza puffs were inspired by the most amazing vegan pizza I ever did eat!!! A hummus pizza from San Pedro in Belize! It was a stone-baked pizza, with hummus and roasted veggies! It was AMAZING so I had to recreate something to fill the gap in my heart.
I could it it with pretty much everything, or even on its own with a spoon.
That might be a little extreme, but hummus on pizza is to die for.
If you have some chickpeas and tahini lying around, why not make your own hummus?
I topped my hummus pizza puffs with fresh fried and then roasted veggies and Crunchy Bacon Bits for some extra bite. However, you can mix it up and add your favourite pizza toppings!
Hummus pizza puffs make a mouth watering snack, or something to enjoy as part of a main meal.
If you’re hosting or attending a party or BBQ – you can also shrink these hummus pizza puffs in half and serve them as nibbles 🙂
I made 4 hummus pizza puffs, each as one serving size, but my boyfriend and I both ate 2 as they were just so delicious and moreish!!
….Have to live up to the name don’t I? *shrugs*
As I can be a bit of a lazy chef (the quicker you can make it, the quicker you can eat it!), I used pre-made and pre-rolled puff pastry sheets.
Just-Rol’s puff pastry is accidentally vegan <3
Give it a go and let me know how you get on 🙂
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Total time: 28 minutes
- 1 sheet pre rolled puff pastry (320g)
- 2 tbsp plant milk, for binding the pastry
- 4 heaped tbsp hummus (click here for my delicious recipe)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 small red pepper
- 1/2 small green pepper
- 1 large flat mushroom
- 1/2 veggie stock cube
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Sriracha sauce, to garnish
- Crunchy bacon bits (optional – click here for my recipe)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC.
- Cut your pre-rolled puff pastry sheet into 4 rectangles. Line the edge of your rectangles with a little bit of plant milk to help bind the pastry together. Fold around 1cm of the edge inwards and press down with your fingers.
- Fry your red onion and peppers in olive oil for 5 minutes until they soften and start to brown. Add the mushroom to the pan, crumble your stock cube on top of the veggies and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon a heaped tablespoon of hummus on each rectangle and spread within the inner rectangle.
- Top your hummus with your veggies and olives and sprinkle some oregano on top.
- Pop in the oven for around 18 minutes until the pasty is puffy and golden brown.
- Top off with some sriracha sauce and ENJOY!!!!