Gooey, rich chocolate brownies packed with lots of peanut butter!
The sweetness of the rich chocolate brownie is balanced perfectly by the peanut butter, which also adds a bit of crunch.
Personally, one bite-size brownie is never enough, and I always find myself going back for another (or another 5), so I’ve made mine a little more substantial. Feel free to cut yours to any size you want though of course.
These can be enjoyed on their own, or fresh out the oven topped with a big scoop of your favourite ice cream! Hot brownies and ice cream (dairy free, of course) has to be one of the greatest food combos.
You can also freeze these if you want to save them for another day! Just take them out the freezer when you want to enjoy them again, and they will defrost in room temperature in only an hour 🙂
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness/baking tray)
Total time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 cup plant-milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 5 tbsp crunchy (or smooth) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Whisk the plant milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract together and set aside.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the plant milk mixture and whisk together until combined.
- Mix the chopped chocolate in.
- Grease a baking tray with a little more oil. Add half the brownie mixture and dollop bits of peanut butter on top, using a fork to spread the peanut butter into the brownie mixture a little. Add the rest of the brownie mixture, dollop the rest of the peanut butter on top, and again use a fork to spread it a little.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (dependent on the thickness) – they will seem under-cooked when first taken out the oven but don’t worry, they will harden when they cool.
- Enjoy them by themselves, or with a big scoop of dairy-free ice cream 🙂