Crunchy, sweet & salty peanut butter cookies!
As you’re well aware if you’ve read my previous posts, I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER!
I actually only really learnt to love it after I went vegan, but it’s now my go-to flavour for any sweet treats I make 🙂
These sweet and salty peanut butter cookies are a perfect sweet treat to enjoy with a cup of tea.
They are really simple and quick to make taking just 15 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook.
Once cooled, keep them in an airtight container for 2-3 days, if you can resist eating them all!
Give it a go and let me know how you get on 🙂
Prep time: 15 minutes
Fridge time: 1 hour (optional, but recommended for best results)
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown caster sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 flax egg*
- 1 tbsp milled flax seeds
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC.
- Make your flax egg by mixing your hot water and flax seeds vigorously. Leave it to sit and thicken in your fridge for 15 minutes.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter, flax egg and vanilla and mix again until smooth.
- Sieve your flour, bicarbonate soda and salt in and mix together just until the mixture combines.
- Fold your peanuts in.
- Pop your dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Scoop your dough, roll them into balls around 1.5 inch wide, and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Allow 2 inches in between each cookie as they will spread.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in the middle of your oven.
- Cool on a cooling rack.